Friday, March 21, 2008
festival of patience main events
This is the blog that gives you more info on my upcoming thesis exhibition at the University of Hawaii in the Commons Gallery and other parts of the Art Building. All events are free. Future blogs will bring more details about the events and performers. Some of the performers will have traveled from as far as New York city, others will come from Kauai and many are students and professors at the University of Hawaii.This exhibition is the culmination of the last 10 years back in school as well as a review of my life. The festival of patience transforms the gallery into a club/performance space where all kind of things will happen during the short 6 days of the exhibit, some planned, some spontaneous.
Hope you can all make it, if not in person, at least in spirit.
University of Hawai‘i at Manoa
Dept. of Art and Art History
2535 McCarthy Mall, Rm.
Honolulu, HI 96822
MFA thesis exhibition by dieter runge
- University of Hawai‘i Commons Gallery
- April 20 – April 25, 2008
- Sunday 4:00 – 8:00
- Mon – Fri 10:30 – 4:00
- Opening Reception Sunday 4:00– 8:00
- Box of Crayons (NYC) – 3rd floor (HNL
- Wednesday April 23, 7 pm
- 'songs for a patient sea'.
- g. liu jr. megum pie, 'ryantology' (HNL),
- Fran Powers, Brian Dillon (NYC)
- Thursday April 24, 7 PM
- Take a Walk On The Wild Side
- A night of cabaret with
- J.Robert Reed, Malia Leinau, Frank Sherriff (HNL),
- Lance Cruce, Robert Appleton (NYC).
- Friday April, 25, 6 PM
- Closing Party
- East Side Blues Band (Kauai), Box of Crayons (NYC),
- For AI, 3rdfloor, Jammarek (HNL)